At Kia Ata Mai Educational Trust we are committed to safeguarding the confidentiality, integrity and access to all physical and electronic information assets of the organisation to ensure that regulatory, operational and contractual requirements are fulfilled.
To protect the rights to privacy of individuals and address any infringements of that right to privacy
What we collect
We collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- Contact information (includes Email, Phone, Address, Iwi affiliations)
- Personal identifiers (includes Date of Birth, Gender, National Student Index, Achievement data, Parent employment, Username/password, Biometric data, personal, professional and/or academic goals)
- Computer or network
- Interactions with us (includes as a School, Parents or Caregivers of students, Student, BOT member, Teacher, Principal, Employee, Contractor, Stakeholder/collaborative partner organisation, your interests or hobbies, School or Kura)
Why we collect it
We collect your personal information in order to:
- Provide online services through the Kia Ata Mai Educational Trust website and social media channels including;
- Personalising the content we make available to our community of subscribers visiting the Kia Ata Mai Educational Trust website.
- Making available Professional Learning and Development content (templates, handouts and other collateral) available to those teachers or kaiako we deliver services to.
- Promote an online thriving community of educators with the common goal of improving educational outcomes for tamariki Māori.
- Deliver services as follows;
- In your school or kura, create and deliver customised Professional Learning and Development Programmes and/or Programmes For Students.
- In your school or kura, monitor progress towards stated smart outcomes and/or goals including monitoring student engagement and achievement.
- Collect samples of student work to develop and create professional development learning resources for teachers.
- Report collated masked data to identified stakeholder audiences Developing a learning and professional support across Māori-medium schools
- Promote and advance the Trust’s Charitable purposes.
Who the information is shared with
Besides our staff, we share this information with:
- The schools in which we deliver services in order to highlight progress with their students’ engagement and achievement and their teachers’ professional development.
- Contracted stakeholders in order to report against smart outcomes and/or goals at an aggregated level.
The overall goals for information security at KAM are the following:
- Ensure compliance with current laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Comply with requirements for confidentiality, integrity and availability for KAM employees, students and other users.
- Establish controls for protecting KAM information and information systems against theft, abuse and other forms of harm and loss.
- Motivate administrators and employees to maintain the responsibility for, ownership of and knowledge about information security, in order to minimize the risk of security incidents.
- Ensure that KAM is capable of continuing their services even if major security incidents occur.
- Ensure the protection of personal data (privacy).
- Ensure the availability and reliability of the network infrastructure and the services supplied and operated at KAM offices.
- Comply with methods from international standards for information security.
- Ensure that external service providers comply with KAM information security needs and requirements.
- Secure disposal (shredding) of paper documents that are no longer required.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is inaccurate. To request a copy of your personal information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or P.O. Box 166, Ngāruawāhia 3742.